January 2015 [Cradle-7.0]
The Conformance Checker in Cradle applies standard or user-defined rules of good style to detect cases where textual information can be improved. In the following example, a requirement contains multiple ‘shall’ statements, and another requirement uses ‘should’ rather than ‘shall’.
- Run a query and then highlight the requirements to be checked.
- Press the right mouse button and select More > Conformance Check from the pop-up menu.
- The report identified the requirement with multiple ‘shall statements’.
- The fact that one of the requirements used the word ‘should’ was also flagged.
- An alternative method is to run the Conformance Checker from the toolbar by selecting the Tools tab and then pressing the Conformance Checker icon.
- From the Conformance Checker dialog select a query to run, desired checking options, and the report format. Press the Start button to execute the report.
Modify the checks to be performed in Project Setup > Conformance Checker
In this Newsletter: