May 2014 [Cradle-6.8.3]
Highlights for the New Release
Be Sure You are on the Latest Release
There have been a number of updates to Cradle since 6.8 was originally released. The changes range from significant features such as custom start pages and adaptations to more pinpointed usability features such as a change in the way the data sort features execute and an option to compress frame data. The security fix for the OpenSSL Heartbleed flaw is also included.
The following are highlighted improvements to Cradle between the initial 6.8 release and the most recent version (188.8.131.52). For a complete list and details please reference the Cradle Release Notes.
- An Optional Confidentiality Agreement can be displayed upon login to WorkBench. This feature displays your confidentiality text and requires a user to check a box indicating their agreement with the text prior to allowing them to complete a login attempt to the project.
- User Defined Start Pages allow for the customisation of the start page in WorkBench. Buttons, links and other fields relevant to your company's way of doing business, a project's specific structure or an individual's specific tasks. Click here to read more...
- Column Sorting Options - In the past columns of a query could be sorted with a single click to a column heading. This action now provides a choice of sorting the column ascending or descending and whether it is to be case sensitive or not. The change not only provides for a single sort to reach the desired order but also prevents the possible delay while a large query sorts due to an unintended click.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Russian users have been added. These include:
- Redo - Ctrl+y or Ctrl+Y
- Undo - Ctrl+z or Ctrl+Z
- Select All - Ctrl+a or Ctrl+A
- Deselect All - Ctrl+d or Ctrl+D
- Cut - Ctrl+x or Ctrl+X
- Copy - Ctrl+c or Ctrl+C
- Paste - Ctrl+v or Ctrl+V
- Help - F1
- Open - Ctrl+o or Ctrl+O
- Save - Ctrl+s or Ctrl+S
- Close tab - Ctrl+w or Ctrl+W
- Make link from - Ctrl+, or Ctrl+&
- Make link to - Ctrl+. or Ctrl+<
- Clear link selection - Ctrl+l or Ctrl+L
- Delete - Delete
- Find - Ctrl+f or Ctrl+F
- Find next - F3
- Expand tree - +
- Collapse tree - -
- Expand all in tree - *
- Collapse all in tree - /
- View list style - Ctrl+1
- View table style - Ctrl+2
- View document style - Ctrl+3
- View tree style - Ctrl+4
- Cancel - Esc
- Zoom in - Ctrl+= or Ctrl++
- Zoom out - Ctrl+- or Ctrl+_
- Item Adaptations provide the ability to copy an item or set of items for reuse or alteration to fit a different situation or specification while maintaining a link to the original item. This is particularly useful for commonly used components which may need to meet different standards or in product lifecycle management where separate versions of an item exist in multiple iterations of a product line. Click here to read more...
- A Save button has been added to Project Setup. In previous versions changes made to the schema in Project Setup had options to click either OK or Cancel.
- An option has been added to compress the contents of frames. This item can dramatically reduce the storage and transfer time of items with large volumes of data contained in a frame. For example, one Cradle user utilizes RTF frames containing text, pictures and other content; compressing the frames reduced one item's content from 247MB to less than 10MB resulting in a dramatic performance improvement.
In this Newsletter: