Cradle-RM Desktop Overview
Requirements Management across the Systems Lifecycle
Complete Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Requirements Management (RM) solution for the entire project lifecycle, fully user-definable and applicable to all agile and phase based processes.
- Supports the full systems development lifecycle at system, subsystem and lower levels
- Integrates in one product features normally spread across separate tools from different vendors
- Completely user-definable and user-extensible with point-and-click UIs
- Manage any information, including requirements, risks, interfaces, tests and verifications
- Scalable to millions of items of information
- Full traceability of data from external sources and version management of source documents
- Full traceability and coverage analyses
- User-definable views of data including tables, trees, documents, matrices, diagrams and graphs
- User-defined metrics and management dashboards
Cradle-RM Desktop is a complete solution to manage and trace all the data for your agile and phase-based projects.
Capture and Track Information
Capture information from external documents and tools, and track changes in these sources. You can build new sets of requirements, functions, components, interfaces, tests or verifications, and link them to the source data and to each other. Check the quality and structure of this information, and prove the integrity of information with bi-directional coverage and traceability analyses.
Customers’ confidence can be raised with proof that your work satisfies its sources and constraints, and will meet their needs.
Create Databases and Information
Create any number of databases, each with a schema and multiple projects that contain any number of items of any number of user-defined item types. Each item has any number of attributes with up to 1TByte of data, held in Cradle, or referenced in files, URLs or other tools.
All items can be linked with user-defined types of cross reference. The links have attributes to justify, explain or parametise them. Links are direct and indirect, for full lifecycle traceability, impact and coverage analyses.
External documents can be loaded into hierarchies of items. Every item in Cradle is linked to its source in a document. Changes in new document versions are automatically found and the database updated. You can prove the integrity of all source data to your customers with a range of detailed coverage analyses of their documents.
Items can be linear, hierarchical and in many-to-many relationships. Items can be split, merged and reordered. All information can be shared and reused. Cradle can support product ranges, models, variants and builds, and generate comparative analyses between them as tables, pivot tables and matrices.
Track and View Information
Cradle tracks all edits to every requirement, test case, verification and all other information that you want it to hold. Edits can be reversed selectively or by group. Full or partial change logs are readily available.
Manage your projects with:
- Metrics, user-defined calculations of items’ values
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), results of metric calculations with colour-coded display bands
- Bi-directional links to Project, including user task lists and actual progress reporting
Cradle is open. It supports many import/export formats, has several interface mechanisms to link to other tools, and connects to Microsoft Office components Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
Cradle is simple to customise and use. You do not need to learn a scripting language or become a programmer to tailor it to your process. After every change to your schema, Cradle will automatically update collections of queries, views and other definitions that make you productive immediately.
The major features are:
The supported platforms are:
The characteristics are:
Cradle-RM Desktop is part of the Cradle product range. The full, multi-user, product is Cradle Enterprise.
Product Range Highlights
- Applies to agile and phase projects
- Application lifecycle management
- Requirements management
- Full lifecycle integration
- Project plans
- Compliance management
- Single user