With the release of 7.7 coming very soon, we thought we’d test Cradle on additional platforms.
So here’s Cradle 7.7 running on a Steamdeck, in Desktop mode.
As SteamOS is based on Arch Linux, our 64 bit Linux version can be installed.
Both the CDS and WorkBench are running on this very capable device. A keyboard and mouse may work better than the on screen keyboard.
If you install the service manager (systemd script) then the Cradle Database Server (CDS) will start on boot up of the Steamdeck, so you might not want to do that if its primarily used for Steam. However, once started the CDS will stay running in the background when you switch to Gaming Mode. If you have others connecting to your CDS then they can continue to work while you improve your hand-eye coordination in your favourite game.
Although Steamdeck is not an officially supported platform, you can see Cradle does indeed run on additional platforms
We are pleased to announce that the following platforms will be supported by Cradle-7.1:
– Linux. Any variant with a version 2.6.32 or later kernel
– Windows 7 (SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows Server 2008 (SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
– Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
– 2007 (SP3, 32-bit)
– 2010 (SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit)
– 2013 (SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit)
– 2016 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Office 365
The changes from Cradle-7.0 are that we have dropped support for Windows Vista and added support for Windows 10, Office 365 and Office 2016. In fact, Cradle-7.0 already runs on Windows 10 and Office 365, but they were not officially supporting by Cradle-7.0. The Cradle-7.1 release adds formal support for these products, and introduces support for Office 2016.
We hope that this is helpful as you plan your migration to Cradle-7.1 and as you consider how Cradle’s platform support fits into the overall Linux/Windows/Office strategy in your organisation.